Below is a guide on how to make your own custom Tamagotchi 4U/4U+ character:
Install The Following Programs Below:
Download 4u download pack
Download TamaImageEditor tool
Download Tama4UDataEditor tool
Creating The Custom Character:
- Open Download TamaImageEditor tool
- Go to File > Open and locate the Download 4u download pack (4u-download-pack). Click on characters folder and choose any one of the characters to use as your starting custom character template.
- First you will need to make the sprite by right clicking on the default images and exporting the bitmap to create art within the default frame size. Replace all image sprites (if applicable) by right clicking on the image sprite and importing your own sprite image. Leave the images that are blank. You can either make sprites with clothes, separate clothes, or no clothes. Images must be 4-bit bmp files with a maximum of 16 colors within the default frame size.
- Sprite 27 is the transformation item image. Replace with your custom image by right clicking and import bitmap. Image must be a 4-bit bmp file with a maximum of 16 colors within the default frame size.
- Before saving the image file, go back to header tab and rename/customize the fields (you can use English but it must be all in caps). Change Serial No. to a unique number. Use the number in ANSI name. For example, if Serial No. is 01666, then ANSI name should be t4u_fk01666_a2.
- Save the image file with your preferred name containing .jpg at the end, so it can save as a jpg file.
- Repeat the same steps above for the transforming item.
Customizing Character Data:
- Open Tama4UDataEditor
- Go to File > Open and locate where you saved the custom image character file
- Make sure you change the fields you want. If you use English, make sure it is all in CAPS. Transformation item must have the same serial number with your custom transform item. Leave Tamagotchi indices alone.
- Save over the character data file with your changes and make sure .jpg is at the end of the file name before saving.
Upload the character image and transform item files in the Tamagotchi 4U custom upload page
Make sure you have already installed the Tamagotchi 4U English app on your NFC compatible phone.
Support Mr. Blinky below: